Thursday, May 7, 2009

Seven is Heaven!!!

When I first found out we were going to have baby # 9, Heavenly Father spoke to my heart and told me that she was a very special baby coming to our family for a very special reason... No doubt about that! Having Amy Melissa in our family has made every day better! She is so completely and unconditionally loving! She is such a joy and a blessing!





Can you believe Amy is 7 YEARS OLD!!! She just celebrated her birthday on May 3rd. I have no idea how seven years could have flown by so quickly! She is getting so grown up! The last couple years have been so much fun that I tried to convince her to sleep up-side-down so she could go back from six to five ( I've heard that works...) instead of up to seven, but she wouldn't go for it... So she is really, truly, officially a seven year old --- big toothless grin and all!


(What a delightful age!!!)




Because her birthday was on Fast Sunday, we started partying in Saturday with birthday muffins for breakfast and a family party at the local bowling alley...










(Sorry-- No cool Music Video like the Olsen's.) None of us are great bowlers, but we had a great time!

Sunday was even better... After church, Grammie and Grandpa C. and Heather and Garrick joined us for a super fun birthday party and dinner. Amy is so loved!!!



Honestly, I wish my kids wouldn't grow up quite so fast, but I love every new stage and development, from toddler, to teen-ager, to adult...

7 comments:

  1. Is it possible that this parenting thing actually gets better and better by the year? As for me, I think it really does! And just you wait . . . the grandparenting thing is better than ever! We love little Amy Melissa and think she is a very special seven-year-old! It was such fun to get to be with her and the family on her birthday. She makes GREAT birthday wishes! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning about posting a comment. I feel emberassed about how I've fallen behind on technology- I used to be on the leading edge! At present, I have no idea what a "Tweet" is. At any rate, Mrs. Stamps, I love your blog and your great family, especially Amy Melissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday swee Amy Melissa! What a precious girl. I wish we could come and play, wouldnt' that be delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick and I laughed out loud for a good long time at the look on Meagan's face with the bowling ball. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it legal to comment on 2 posts in one? Our comment about Janelle and Stetsen's birthdays got lost I guess! We are so happy to see such beautiful pictures on both posts! We click them and they fill our screen! Janelle and Amy are so beautiful and we love them tons! And for Stetsen to have his day on Earth Day- how cool is that!?! We look forward to meeting him! Jenny, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I've never heard of having the kids sleep upside down... we'll have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, I also have to say thank you for sharing your experience with the Lord whispering to your heart of how special Amy is and her coming for a special reason. That's beautiful! She is special!

    ReplyDelete