Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Fetch"



A few weeks ago, a friend told me that she had heard that all toddlers should be taught to obey simple dog commands. Hmmm, that seemed like rather strange advice. I've never trained a dog and I couldn't quite picture myself telling my baby to play dead, roll-over, or sit up and beg. It just doesn't seem like proper parenting. However, Meagan is getting really good at"Fetch!" Of course I don't call it that, but it is so fun to be able to say "Go get your shoe, or book, or baby, or blanket..." and have her actually run to find it and bring it to me. It is exciting to watch her learn and understand more and more! Maybe I should work on "Heel", "Sit", "Stay", or "Come". What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Sure!Go for it . . . and teach her the whole works! She's such a smart little cookie and can learn anything you want to teach her. Those who can't imagine this much joy at watching baby #10 be such a delight to all who love her are sure missing out on what's important in life! She (and each of the others)is so precious! Love you all! Mom/Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet. I love that face and want to smooooooooch it! I hadn't thought of it in terms of dog training... but there is some similarities!

    I want to see Megan fetch in real life! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete